Your personal information will not be shared or disclosed to any party other than what is outlined in this Policy, nor will it be used for any other purpose than what it was originally intended.
What information Canberra Hand Therapy collects and holds
Canberra Hand Therapy will need to collect your Personal Information in order to provide clinical services for you.
Personal Information includes, but is not limited to, the following:
- Names, addresses and contact details
- Private health care, Medicare, WorkCover/third party, DVA details (where applicable)
- Medical information including medical history, medications, allergies, social history, family history
How Canberra Hand Therapy collects your Personal Information
Canberra Hand Therapy may collect your Personal Information in a number of ways including:
- Directly from you with the information you provide on the Canberra Hand Therapy ‘Patient Information Form’ or over the phone
- During the course of providing clinical services
- From your guardian or responsible person (when applicable)
- From other involved healthcare specialists involved in your care
How Canberra Hand Therapy holds your Personal Information
Canberra Hand Therapy may store your Personal Information via:
- Paper records which are shredded after scanned to Electronic Format
- Electronic Format (via Cliniko encrypted software) More information at http://www.cliniko.com/security
- As visual – X-rays, CT scans, clinical videos and clinical photographs
- Clinical photographs may be used for educational purposes, and in this case you would remain completely anonymous and not be identifiable.
Refusal to consent to photographs or using photographs for educational purposes will not adversely impact your treatment.
When Canberra Hand Therapy discloses your Personal Information
Canberra Hand Therapy may disclose your Personal Identification:
- To your authorised representative or advisers or otherwise when you ask Canberra Hand Therapy to do so
- To other Health Professionals involved in your care e.g. General Practitioner, Specialist, other Allied Health Professionals
- When there is a statutory requirement for Canberra Hand Therapy to do so. In these circumstances, Canberra Hand Therapy will notify you this is the case e.g. Insurance Company in compensable cases
Telehealth Online Consultations at Canberra Hand Therapy
Canberra Hand Therapy offer Telehealth Online Consultations using the Coviu platform. Your consultation will not be recorded or stored. Further information at https://www.coviu.com/privacy-policy/
How you can access any of your Personal Information held by Canberra Hand Therapy or make a privacy complaint
If you wish to access any of your Personal Information held by Canberra Hand Therapy, to correct or update your details, please contact Canberra Hand Therapy on (02) 6281 7037 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
You may use these contact details if you have any questions or comments about the management of your personal information, concerns that your privacy has been breached, or if you believe Canberra Hand Therapy has failed to comply with the Australian Privacy Principles (APP). Canberra Hand Therapy is committed to acknowledging your complaint in a prompt manner and will give you an estimated timeframe for a response to the complaint.
If you are not satisfied with the response, you may also wish to contact the relevant regulator such as the Australian Information Commissioner (www.oaic.gov.au)
For Further Information
If you would like further information on the services we provide at Canberra Hand Therapy, or if we can assist you with your rehabilitation, click the button to contact us.